Moving to Amsterdam means adjusting to a new way of living. That comes with its own challenges. Specialised expat coach Simon Markx can help you and your family adjust to the new culture and the new way of life.
The number of expats settling in the Netherlands, and in Amsterdam in particular, is enormous. There are also many Dutch people who visit the city of Amsterdam after completing their studies. Or they come to study in Amsterdam.
In addition, you can end up in Amsterdam or in the vicinity of Amsterdam due to a new job, a divorce or otherwise.
Either way, moving means adjusting to a new way of living. That comes with its own challenges. Psychological research shows that moving, whether or not as an expat, is one of the biggest stress factors in life.
Markx coaching: 10 years experience in expat coaching Amsterdam
I have been guiding people making the transition to the city of Amsterdam for over 10 years.
Are you struggling to find your way in Amsterdam?
Specialized expat coach Simon Markx can help you and your family adjust to the new culture and the new way of life, but is not limited to that.
Are you considering expat coaching? A new country means new opportunities, this definitely applies when you just moved to the Netherlands. There are lots of opportunities for expats in this internationally oriented country.
Change is good, exploration is good and risk taking is good; it’s how you handle these things that makes the difference between a happy life abroad or months of regret followed by a flight back home.
Some challenges you might face when moving to the Netherlands include:
- Overcome disappointment when you moved abroad and realize it’s not the picture-perfect lifestyle you imagined.
- Dealing with the culture shock. Different languages, religions, customs and social etiquette can be very bewildering.
- Dealing with feelings of isolation and homesickness. Being far away from family, friends and everything you know can be upsetting.
- Upset friends and family. Your friends and family back home might not always be supportive of your decision to leave. These people care about you, and it can be difficult to digest the news that someone you care for is willingly leaving you permanently.
- Overcome loss of self-identity. It’s difficult to see this normally, but a great part of who we are lies in the things we do in day-to-day life. Routines, like going to work, going to the gym, visiting friends, enjoying our hobbies … these are the things that make up our lives. Without them, it’s not unusual to feel a little lost.
Expat coaching Amsterdam
The principles of personal development are universal, but we experience that expats have slightly different needs. Therefore we tailored our coaching for expats. We offer expat coaching in different fields, expats generally come to us for career coaching, executive coaching, stress coaching and life coaching. There are several other possibilities, depending on the expat coach of your choice.
Best of both worlds
Our coaches are Dutch citizens, this means that they are experts in dealing with Dutch culture and know the Dutch job market and working culture. Because of their education and their experience with the expat life, they know how to deal with cultural issues effectively.
Markx Coaching offers a solution for expats in Amsterdam. First consultation free of charge and without obligation. Contact me now
Read more on expat coaching in Amsterdam